Gingerbread candy? Why not?!
- Start by soaking the almonds in boiling water for 1 minute (blanching).
- Let them cool and then rub them to remove their skins.
- Roll out Gille’s Gingerbread Dough on a flour-covered pastry board. The dough should be about ½ centimetre thick.
- Next, cut the dough into squares of about 3 x 3 centimetres.
- Press a blanched almond into the centre of each square.
- Place the squares on a baking tray, bake in the oven and then let cool.
It’s a fun new way to eat gingerbread that is both easy to make and delicious!
You can also try other yummy toppings. Maybe walnuts, candy, or white chocolate, if you like?